Anxious sending first baby to ifc

Hi mummies, ftm here, my baby will start IFC next month at 2 months+ and i cant help but to feel sad and very anxious. Like i wont get to meet him for long period of hours, especially once my ML ends. I wont get updates, idk what he’s doing, how he’ll be treated, what if he cries non stop, will they ignore him, will something bad happen to him. Breaks my heart thinking all of these or am i just overthinking😔 what if he’s looking for me and cant find me. Do your babies adapt well to ifc, do they cry when sending off. And how often in a week do you send them. I dont think i can focus well at work knowing that i will have no updates about my baby from early morning till evening. And the fact that ill only get to see my baby at night till early morning🥹 #firstbaby #firstmom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! I felt the same way too when I first sent my baby to ifc at 3m old, got to send her every weekday since i work full time. Now she’s 7m old and seems happy to go to ifc every day, I feel more at ease leaving her there. She never cried at drop off before, I guess they’re too young to have separation anxiety. Over the last few months, I can see improvement in her sleeping pattern, she also becomes less clingy and not scared of strangers. So I have no regrets sending her to ifc. I do miss her when I’m at work, but I tell myself she’s in good hands learning new stuff and having fun, and it’s also good for my mental health to spend some time alone / interacting with colleagues at work. My ifc is rather old fashioned and their apps don’t provide updates for parents throughout the day, only upload photos of the kids’ activities once in a while. They use a book to record her feeding, diaper change and nap time. But whenever I pick her up, teachers always update me on whether she’s cranky, whether she feeds and sleeps okay etc. so far anything urgent they always call me immediately. So it’s not too bad. Maybe you can request your ifc to let you come and observe for the first few days, so that at least you know how the teachers are and whether the kids there are well taken care of.

Read more

mine went in at 2 months.. its been another 2 months now n 0 separation anxiety but always happy to see mum at pickup.. except when she's woken up for departure or not fed yet. don't worry so much. now they have app that will update live on feeding or sleeping or diaper change. not missing out anything. ifc got many teachers so they can talk to u longer about your lo progress daily at arrival n departure.

Read more