16weeks but no movement yet

Already at my 16th week, and it's my first pregnancy. I read that I should be feeling some movement at this week. What kind of movement should I look out for as I don't have any feel of the movement yet. However I do feel some strain in my belly area. Should I be worried?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry, first pregnancy usually can only be felt only between 16 to 25 weeks onwards. You’ll feel some kind of little flutters like bubbles popping. Gradually the feeling will be more stronger. I’m at 17 weeks and I still don’t feel anything. Also, sometimes your body size plays a part. Some small built women can feel them earlier but some still can’t. So it depends, every pregnancy is different. You’ll definitely know when it happens. I just target to feel flutters at 20 weeks onwards so I do not have to worry unnecessarily now till then. Tightening of the belly is normal due to the uterus expanding. Just be careful and make sure you’re not bleeding.

Read more
4y ago

I see! Haha ok i got a lot of fats around my belly area so that explain it i guess. Hopefully to feel movement or popping soonnn. All the best to you too!

Super Mum

The first movements may be felt anywhere from 16-25 weeks, and it’s usually later in the first pregnancy, so there’s nothing to worry about:) the strain is also normal, because your tummy needs to expand more for baby to grow:)

4y ago

Ok since it's my first pregnancy i guess i can just chill and wait first. Thank you for explaininh!