Dancer

Would you allow your kids to do dance as a profession? Or may it be any art that they may pursue as a profession?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If that's what his/her heart desires then why not? Profession isn't limited to white-collared or blue-collared jobs. I told my partner when I was still pregnant that I wanted our kid to study ballet if she was a girl, and if God wills her to be a ballet dancer by profession, I would be very glad for it. Quoting Confucius, it's best to choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life

Read more

of course yes. i am sorry i did not understand why would you ask this. with so much exposure these days, children have a wide range of options to choose from. dance form is great, if this is what interests your child. also, any other art form is good if your child wants to pursue it as a profession. but mind you, whatever the profession, it would require immense dedication and practice, so prepare your child for it.

Read more

i think it is important to keep in mind what your child is interested in to help guide them properly and choose a career. if your kids are interested in dance, or any other art form, i think you should encourage them and guide them accordingly, so that they can practice and learn more about the same. this will help them when they later want to go for more advanced courses.

Read more

Definitely yes! Anyone do best and perform best in what they love and enjoy doing. Some Pinoys have this notion of having arts-related professions don't bring enough money but it all depends on a person's perseverance and strategy. So as parents, we just need to be supportive of what our kids love doing.

Read more

Arts is today a huge profession and there is so much your child can do in it. it all depends on the child's interest. art is a vast field, so it could be some dance form, theater, movies, drawing, sculpting, poetry, and so much. see what your child's interests are and help to hone those skills.

For me, it's a yes. There's no use if we are going to force something they don't really like vs the one they enjoy and love. No matter what profession it may be, surely if our kid loves what s/he's doing s/he will succeed on his/her own :)

If that is what he likes, why not?