Do you allow your 1-year-old (and below) kids to eat/taste ice cream?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Definitely not for my 7-month-old. I plan to delay giving him sweets as much as I can. I know someone who has used her kid into eating fruits and veggies most of the time and the kid grew up to dislike the taste of sweets. Not that I'm being a killjoy, I think it's just better if he doesn't like sweets at all. Just tikim tikim, maybe

Magbasa pa

I wouldnt recommend for baby to taste ice cream at such a young age. From my perspective, ithere is no need to teach baby to eat ice cream, it will come eventually and when the time comes, there will be no end to it. Why not just allow baby to eat healthier things instead.

My daughter tasted ice cream at 9months. She tried to grabe the ice cream tub so there's some ice cream in her fingers which she puts in her mouth. But if you will do it intentionally, allow her after she turned 1.

Only after they turned 1 year old. I was afraid they might get colds. But when my son was teething around 7 minutes months, I made him some frozen fruit and put it on a mesher to ease the pain on his swollen gums.

No ice cream for below 1 year of age. The only cold food I gave my son was a frozen fruit when he was teething. Pedia said it was okay since hindi naman lagi and it was a fresh fruit.

I would say no for below a 1-year-old. After that first year, I think the occasional taste test can't hurt. Ice cream would be an appropriate example of a taste test for babies.

Only allowed my daughter to try it (and other sweets) after she turned 1. Prior to that was really just trying out new fruits, veggies, and proteins.

Ay no. Kasi baka masanay sila sa too much sweets. And too much sugar is also not good for babies. Better is natural sugar from fruits.

Not yet for below 1 year old. Aside from it's cold, syempre sweet din siya which is ayaw natin masanay si baby at an early age

As much as possible no. But I had my baby try out ice cream when he was 11 months old I think. Tikim lang talaga.