Confused

After breakup , i had sex with my new bf a week after my menses which was on 21st Dec . But now Ultrasound shows my baby to be 18-19 weeks of age ! Please Help

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When the scan shows 18-19 weeks, it's just based on a "medical" age. The baby is actually only 16 weeks old or so. "Medical" version adds about 2 weeks allowance to the baby's "actual" age. More importantly, the dating scan is based on the SIZE of the baby. If your baby is fast growing/big size due to parents' genetics, naturally the age will be recorded older than someone else who has a slower growing baby. Dating scan is NOT based on when you had sex / ovulated. Dating scan is only helpful in giving you an ESTIMATED due date. In reality, most people give birth 2 weeks before/after the due date. And there r those who give birth much later and had to be induced etc. Moreover, ultrasound scanning of size of baby can vary depending on baby's position and angle during the scan. For mine, two different scans yielded different age. Nevertheless, doc did not change my EDD by much on the medical record. From the sound of this, there is a good possibility that it's your new bf's baby. Stop scaring yourself or create doubts. Be a happy mummy throughout this pregnancy and enjoy the new bundle of joy to come.

Read more

Well simply put, that means your baby daddy is your ex, isn’t it? And it’s illegal to have an abortion after 24 weeks in Singapore I think. You can be fined and/or jail.

4y ago

GA or how many weeks of pregnancy is not so accurate because there is no way doc can specifically tell u which day u start ur pregnancy.. There is a plus minus of 7 days. deep down u should know who is the father right 😐

Wait for baby to come out then do DNA test. Now wanna headache and think who is the baby father oso no use, end up all will play point finger to each other.

VIP Member

Scans are usually accurate..

Pretty much accurate.