Baby scan @ Kkh

Hi mommies.. Just to ask my appointment is on the 14 Dec meet the doc and im 14 weeks pregnant by then and my next ultrasound will be on 25 jan which i already 20 weeks pregnant by that time.. issit ok if on 14 dec i request to do ultrasound to check on my baby? Cause my last scan when i was 9 weeks pregnant.. can any mommies do a check up at KKH advise me please cause this is my 1st pregnancy and im worried much if my baby if fine or not..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes you may but there might be a chance your doc will ask you first if there is anything that is worrying you about your baby? if nothing serious then nope. also too much ultrasound is not a good sign/not a definite answer if your baby is well. however, doc will check baby’s heartbeat on your 14th week. usually if u opted for FTS you’ll have an ultrasound on 12th week of your pregnancy. if not you’ll have to wait for your 20th week ultrasound.

Read more

Hello! Generally for private gynae, we have scans every 4 weeks for normal pregnancies. If you do feel anxious (and it's totally fine, valid and normal), do talk to your gynae about it. I did request for closer monitoring (sometimes less than 4 weeks even) because of prior history. Your mental health is important and you wouldn't want to spend the weeks worrying! Take care! 💕

Read more