Parenthood - make or break relationships?

After being a parent, do you feel that your relationship with your spouse is better or worse for it? Why?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think half half? On 1 hand, having a kid bond us tgth like really for life (not that divorce is an option for our religion) and makes us a family unit when before that we were just a couple. But now even if we really don’t care about religion, we will also always have sth that holds us together for life? Break cos we have never argued as much as we do after having a kid!

Read more
Super Mum

First couple weeks were tough as we were both trying to get into the new rhythm + post baby blues didn’t really play well on my end. I get triggered over little things. Now it has gotten stronger, as we both want the best for our LO. We’ll discuss matters that requires both parties to make a decision on. Importantly to also be involved in our LO’s day to day growth.. :)

Read more
VIP Member

It didn’t break per se; however, it had its downsides like less time on each other and restrictions on planning coz we always have to consider our LO. On the other hand, we both enjoy spending time with our LO and I feel we I love each other more coz we discovered new good traits from each other since the baby’s arrival. 🥰

Read more

Worst due to conflicting parenting styles and the husband feels that he doesnt get enough attention. But to be honest, as much as i love my husband and he should be a priority too,i'd rather focus more on my son. He is the child and my husband should man up and stop being so petty. He has his own mother to manja with anyway

Read more

After being a parent, i was busy with the kids, career and housework. We have no time for each time and we started to drift apart. After realised something was not right in the marriage I started to spend more time with my spouse. Hope things will improve day by day.

depends actually. confinement period was the worst time of everything bc we are new young parents and still adapting to baby and we quarrel alot bc of crankiness. now gg 2months baby with more stable sleeping pattern, its better abit heh

Worst, during my confinement we argue everyday and i cry every week. One time during my confinement i get so piss off and i kick something hard which make me bleed alot and need to sew my toe and he start to help

Not the worst. We do have our good and bad moments as a parent, our parenting style clash at times. However, we compromise and make it work. That's the important part.

VIP Member

After being parents, the relationship between my hubby and me grew stronger. We felt that we can rely in each other to face parenthood challenges

I wouldnt say which one is better, both have their rough days. I guess it's a different challenge we are facing as a husband and wife.