Are we able to start baby on stage 2 (6mths) formula milk when he is only 5mths 10days old? Baby hasnt start on solids yet.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Someone told me before that stage 1 FM has more fat, while stage 2 FM is higher in protein. Some stage 1 FM states that it is good for beyond 6 months old. So yup, that's the difference. Just slowly transition from stage 1 to stage 2 FM as the other mummies advised.

Shouldn't be a problem as you need to slowly transit your child from stage 1 to 2 and observe for tolerance since your baby will be started on weaning diet at 6 months so transit earlier may not be a bad idea afterall.

7y ago

You can try mixing it first in case baby is tolerant. Alternatively do alternate feeding without mixing.

I start only when bb is 6 month onward. i did not straight change total to stage 2 but i mixing bith stage . like stage 2 ( 1 scoop) stage 1 (2 scoop) . slowly increase .

I started only after bb turns 6 Mths. Then slowly transit. I added like eg 1 scoops of stage 2 n 2 scoops of stage 1 then slowly increase till everything is stage 2

Not much of an issue. You can start him on it. However remember to take it slow and in stages. Like the moms above mentioned, slowly increase.

thanks