Gynae seemed to have pressed quite hard on belly

Abdominal scan at 6 week. Will pressing hard on belly cause harm?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nope don’t worry. During my 20 week scan, the sonographer literally stab and shake my stomach aggressively to wake my baby because my baby was very deep asleep in an awkward position. To make you feel extra assured, I went for Thai massage at about 4 weeks pregnant (didn’t know I was preg) and the masseur just sat on my back and crack my bones. Now baby is out and jumpy.

Read more

noo! its fine . when i was 20+ weeks , they press very hard and i was super worried as well. But then i realise its to actually get a good angle or image of the baby for certain checks . So dont worry!

it's fine. during my 20 week detailed scan, it was worst even till I felt the soreness the next day due to baby position not right for scan.

Super Mum

No it won’t, don’t worry:) they have to press hard to find baby and get a good image. Baby’s well protected in your tummy:)

VIP Member

Don’t worry 6 weeks baby is tiny and and I guess it does not fit much as well , and it’s completely normal for checkups ..

VIP Member

Don’t think so, the Gynae will know when to stop and how much pressure we can take. Don’t worry too much! 😉

VIP Member

No mummy, don’t worry. Furthermore your gynae would know best what to do, trust them :)

VIP Member

Nope don’t worry. Fetus is too small so they have to press in order to scan the baby.

VIP Member

Nope, baby is still too small to be affected. :)

VIP Member

No, need to press to have a good scan