hyper

my 9month old baby is very hyper. is it normal?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hm he seems to be napping too little during the day time. He probably needs 3 naps (must enforce), and he needs a strict routine. Sleep begets sleep in young ones. Also, can you describe your daily routine with him? Like nap times, meal times, what time you try putting him to bed, etc. As for biting, this can happen because of teething. Get him something else to chew. My LO liked the teethers that could be refrigerated so that it’d be cold.

Read more
4y ago

The first half of the day sounds good:) For the afternoon, perhaps try enforcing the 4pm nap if possible, otherwise the awake interval may be too long for him. Then, if dinner can come forward slightly to 6.30pm, you can start your bedtime routine earlier (about 8pm) instead, so that even if he plays, he should fall asleep earlier. At 9 months, they like the fact that they can move more and are stronger. They certainly are more active. But keeping a nap and sleep routine will help the LO recharge and grow well, and also keep your sanity. Heh. Hope you manage to get more rest soon!

I think you will be worry if your child is not hyper at all. Hyper, lively, cheerful.. that is what a child should be.. though it might give you headache. (n.n)

Yeah mine too.. non stop moving since he started crawling till now walking, climbing and running.

VIP Member

Every baby is different. Not to worry too much as boys tend to be more active. :)

Yes it is normal as they are full of energy

VIP Member

Yes normal, mine is super hyper as well

VIP Member

They really have so much energy!

Super Mum

Sounds normal to me. Mine also.

Your baby active? Not sleeping or?

4y ago

Normally 2 time aday. About 30min-1hour

VIP Member

Yes, good that he's hyper!(: