my 6MO normally pushes away the breast when he has enough. recently, he's a bit fussy hence I offered 90-120ml of EBM and he finished them all in addition to his earlier latching. is this normal? I am guessing the flow of BM through the bottle is easier hence he didn't reject it even though he is supposedly full?!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies tend to appear hungrier when they are going through a growth spurt. During this period, baby would feed more and need less sleep. He/she may also appear clingy and more restless. It will last for 2-3 days but could also go up to a week. Here’s an article on baby’s growth spurt: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a25012757/baby-growth-spurts

Read more

Would think he is into the stage of a growth spurt. This would normally last a week or so depending on individual. At times, when baby is still young, they aren't sure when they are full, so please take note. If you offer your breast all the time, you will also be drained out very fast. Do take care.

Read more

Maybe not true. Pls chk on Yr latching and see if it is an issue. Usually, babies will prefer our breast if we r breastfeeding.

Read more
8y ago

latching isn't a problem as he can sleep through the night even without the extra bottle. I gave him the bottle as he hits his growth spurt for these few days. was just wondering why would he continued feeding even as he is done with the breast.