Baby getting fussy at breasts

Hi Mummies, First time mum here and looking for some help. My baby boy is in his 7th week now and from last two days he gets frustrated at breast sometimes during latching. He will latch for 6 to 10 mins and then suddenly he gets super frustrated at breasts and starts crying. If I try to latch him again he will be very angry and will cry again. I am unable to understand why this is. I know I have milk as I pump and supply is good. Then what could be the reason for baby to be getting fussy ? Is this growth spurt or something else ? I am worried that my baby is latching for less time and hence not drinking enough milk. #firstbaby #PleaseAdvice

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It could be the milk flow either too slow or too fast or your baby having difficulty to get the suction right when he latch. Dont be disheartened, keep trying, as you latch, pacify him, talk and continue to put your breast near the lips till he get the hang of it. Alternatively to hold your breast, put in his mouth. This might help him to do a better suction during latch. You may also want to try different feeding position.

Read more

Is he full already? my baby could have a full feeding just from 6-10min, they can drink milk more efficiently now.

12mo ago

1 side! baby @ 8 weeks now