My 4yr old son is currently in childcare and im planning to send my younger son 2yrs old to the same childcare soon. The childcare centre is a bus ride and 2 mrt stops away frm my house. My mum or mil helps to fetch them frm sch. Its gonna be hard for them to fetch 2 active boys back home on public transport. Any tips?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Using a stroller is a breeze on MRT, but a nightmare when taking the bus. Can't imagine holding on to 2 boys and folding the stroller at the same time at the bus stop. The best solution I can think of is the school bus. Otherwise, if the bus ride is short, can your Mom or MIL take only MRT with the stroller then walk the rest of the journey back?

Read more

Not sure if this will help, but you may consider coming up with an arrangement with a taxi driver: http://www.cabby.com.sg/M/Messages_Cabby_to_Passengers.htm (chanced upon this website, don't know of anyone who uses it though) Or, perhaps, you can ask if any of the other mummies (classmates of your boys) may in interesting in carpooling?

Read more

If you have a double stroller and takes only MRT, think should be ok. I usually travel by MRT with 4 kids aged 8, 5 , 2 and 8 mths old. Of cos, your mum or MIL must be able to control them or else it would be disastrous. Alternatively, you can try a nearer childcare to home which is much more convenient for all.

Read more

OMG bus ride n mrt.. at this age they r very active n mischievous it will be very hard for grandparents to fetch 2 at one go and especially on raining day..y dun u check if the school have school bus which can drop them at ur mum or mil block then they just pick them up from downstair.

Sounds ok to me but if possible, put them on a pram or stroller so that it would be easier for the caregiver. Can make arrangement with a cabby or Uber/Grab driver on a mthly basis. Well, another option is to put them nearer to home.

Read more

check if they provide school bus. or u can get ur mom or Mil to use the pram for both to sit together.