Refusing to drink milk properly

Can a 3months old be teething? And hence refusing to drink milk from bottle? He only drinks between 60-100mls each time and that too I have to force the bottle into his mouth. I’m going back to work soon and this is stressing me up

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi everyone... I actually found out the problem while I was at kiddy palace looking at teats and bottles. Since birth he has been using Pigeon wide neck bottle with teat of round hole. The 3month teat is actually Y hole. So I had to get Pigeon normal bottle with teat for 4months round hole( it states on the bottle for babies who refuse Y hole) and this worked! He doesn’t fuss, screams and cries when drinking. And he now finishes his milk in 20mins. Such a relieve! Didn’t realise the teat matters. I hope this will help others with the same issue.

Read more

Is it dangerous to increase teat size to 6months? I’m thinking maybe is too slow the flow and he gets irritated? Also I realised he keeps spitting up milk after feed. He has been diagnosed with reflux before

How many hourly are u feeding? Maybe can try to extend the hours, but increase the milk intake, so that he would be hungrier and can rest longer in between feeds.

Super Mum

Unlikely to be teething at 3 months. Did you change the teats or anything?

4y ago

Yes to a bigger size.. Pigeon 3month teat

VIP Member

Unlikely but possible. May be give some silicon teether?

Super Mum

My friend baby had a small tooth when 2-3 months

Super Mum

Try change brand of teat and bottles

VIP Member

Unlikely to teeth at 3 months.

TapFluencer

Might be milk strike.

VIP Member

do u latching also?

4y ago

then shouldn't be nipple confusion.