Teachers at preschool

Hi Mummies, what will u guys do if this situation happened to your toddler? So to begin with, My daughter is in Nursery 2 in pcf sparkletots . Today she did tell me that her classmates push her till she fell down and she cried, her teacher console her and to my surprised my daughter told me that her teacher said to her DONT TELL MUMMY (FRIEND NAME) PUSH U OK. So what is her teacher motive? Why must she teach my daughter to tell lies and not be honest? Its already been like 2 3 times her classmates will push her , from different person but we just been keep quiet because we do understand its a kids and sometimes they are quite playful wanna play around with friends. Just that today, i cant expect her teacher teach her to lie and not be honest.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hello there. This is actually the right practice to not disclose the other childs identity. Because the correct thing to do is teacher to reach out to both kids and rectify. Update both parents and work something out. Usually the kids parents will reach out and apologise and make the kid understand their action and prevent it from happening. But we dont need the victim kid to name names really . Its not because of teaching children to lie. Because sometimes we teachers know better if the other kid has issues e.g. i had diagnosed kids with ADHD, ADD, ASD or just behavioural. Imagine trying to keep explaining to parents the other kid is ____. Its unethical n not right to share other peoples diagnosis or issues. Trust me on this. Protocol plus ethics. I see that the teacher is good and did all the right steps e.g. console, respond appropriately but im not sure has the other kids parents approach u to apologise. However i hear that u are upset and nobody would want this happening to their child either. Do reach out to ur teacher and ask what can be done to prevent and also if there might be anything ur child can do to stop the perpetrator. Better to make sure ur child is able to speak up against bullies when the action happens, speak up to ask for help, and know when to run for a trusted adults help. And us adults to really do something about it afterwards. Once again it may not sound right to U but teachers need to protect all children too. I rather the bully parents speak out than parents fighting amongst each other. If they dont, push gently for a sit down with both parents n kids then.

Read more

Best to talk to principal and keep pressing them for an explanation, or if there is CCTV at the centre can request to have a look at it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to say your kid is lying. Just sharing my experience, sometimes kids are little cheekies. I have a friend’s kid (5) who fell flat on the floor (tripped on her own) with all of us there but she got up and told her mum “my friend (name) pushed me so I fell” 😅. Her mum knows that friend too, but her friend wasn’t there 😂.

Read more
2mo ago

this is also very true. we as teachers cant go up to parent and say ur own child is problematic. not very nice n ethical either 😔