Switching Child Preschool

Hi, my 2yr old has been with Little Footprints that is 2 buses away from where we are staying. The teachers are nice and my daughter is well adjusted there. Charging around 800 after subsidy. Recently managed to get a slot for her in the downstairs school MY World. MY World has this concept where they do not have a theme for each semester. Mostly free play, is that good? But the fees are half of what LFP is charging. I am.thinking of switching her due to lower fees and its just downstairs. But i am afraid it would be a bad choice for her. Any opinions??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wouldn't change the preschool since the child is already well-adjusted there unless there is a very compelling reason to do so. When it comes to choosing for the little ones, I will usually go with the tested choice, if all other factors (eg cost etc) permits. That is my personal approach. But let's say if are leaning towards changing to MY World, how do you access the childcare? Other than fees and convenience, do the facilities, teachers etc meet your requirements/standards? Children are still pretty adaptable at this young age so a change does not necessary mean it will have a negative impact on her. My 2 cents worth :)

Read more
6y ago

Hi, you are right. That is my main concern. I think i need to have more faith in our early childhood educational system. Trying not to be a kiasu parent. Let her learn at her own phase and interest should benefit her. Thanks for your input. :)