Flu And Sore Throat

28 weeks pregnant and down with flu and sore throat. Nasal congestion day and night with thick greenish mucus. Doctor only gives Camiton 4mg. Please help me if antibiotics is possible?

2 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan
VIP Member

Colds; a normal state but when you are pregnant and suffering from a severe flu, you should be careful. According to observations, this situation may result in premature birth or worse may lead to miscarriage. If the flu of pregnant women falls, breathing will be disturbed and affect the content. Avoid taking all kinds of flu-like Actifed, Piriton. What can be done by pregnant women is taking Vitamin C and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and drinking plenty of warm water. Do not take antibiotics together with over-the-counter drugs or other types without a doctor's recommendation because they risk reducing effectiveness or even increasing the effect of the drug.

Baca lagi

Pls follow & consume what u get from your consultant to make sure your pregnancy in a good & healthy condition until you getting birth..

5y ago

But it's not effective. The mucus keeps developing and I need to keep blowing my nose til my belly hurts. And now it started to cough and it will get worse. Its been 4 days. Anyone experiencing this before and what did your doctor prescribed?