Playgroup

My 20mths daughter just started PG on 2nd Jan. School has been calling me almost everyday to say that my daughter is crying and is there anyone to fetch her home coz her temperature is higher like 37.8 or 37.9. The problem its been happening too often, me having to fetch her early due to this. When shes back home, shes back to normal, no fever etc. I assume that prolly shes been crying so her temp went up in school. Up to date she has missed 4 days of sch due to this. I am stressed out coz i will be starting work next Monday onwards and i wouldnt be able to fetch her home as and when the school calls. Is this a normal thing for sch to call every now and then and inquire if i could fetch her home? I enrolled for full daycare PG. Please share some advises, any of you. I am very worried as i will be starting work nxt mon. Thank you.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

In my daughter’s school, they check the temperature and mouth and hands at the entrance. If the child has a fever, the child has to go home and will not be allowed in. I guess the policy is in place to protect the children from disease outbreaks, but it’s definitely frustrating for working parents who have to pick the child up or find urgent childcare arrangements. Are your parents or in-laws able to help out once you start working?

Read more
4y ago

As for the prep talks, ive been doing it. This morning, she didnt cry when the teacher received her at school. But shortly 2 hrs later, the school called to inform that shes been crying and temp rose. Asked if im working or anybody home to fetch her. Thats when i told them to monitor her first and call me again if it still gets high. Cant expect me to fetch her every now and then when her temp rises.

I feel like the school doesn’t do adequately to console her down. Maybe talk to the teacher what she likes, or bring her familiar toy to school, or ask to accompany her for full day again? You can explain your situation that you are going back to work soon and hope the teacher understands that you can’t always bring her back earlier everyday.

Read more
4y ago

Yes i heard about that too, kudos to the cc which is able to handle.

Super Mum

This one

Post reply image