Preschool toddler

Hi mummies, so basically i just put my 2 YO toddler to N1 on last Thursday & i was there for 3 days to accompany her so from Tuesday onwards i cant be there anymore. Today is the 2nd day of me not being there. Shes was traumatised this two days bc shes always very cling onto me and suddenly left her there. So at night she cant sleep well , keep having nightmares calling mummy in her dream and crying …. Seeing all this i feel so heart pain.. Anyone encounter things like this? And also how long does it takes for ur toddler to get used to going to school without crying ? :) Lastly , for this two days the teacher has been telling me that shes not eating much on her lunch & tea break. It really worries me as usually before she enters preschool she can eat alot at home and not fussy & the water she also didnt drink much in school too. I usually fill her waterbottle full so easier to monitor if she got drink water in school and i always get almost full back ….. any mummies here has the same situation as me.?:(

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It is normal for children to experience anxiety when transitioning to a new environment, such as a nursery class. It is important to provide your child with reassurance and support during this time. You can help your child by talking to them about their feelings and helping them to identify their worries. It is important to be patient and understanding when talking to your nursery child, and to provide them with a safe and comforting environment. Additionally, you can create a calming bedtime routine to help your child relax before bed. You can start by setting a consistent bedtime and sticking to it. You can also create a calming atmosphere by dimming the lights, playing soft music, and reading a story. You can also provide your child with a comfort object, such as a stuffed animal or blanket, to help them feel safe while they are asleep. Finally, you can give your child a hug and kiss before bed and remind her that mummy always loves her, no matter what and she’s proud of her for being so brave.

Read more