dinner strike

Hi all, my 20mo is on a DINNER strike. She just refuses to eat dinner n just dinner only. She'll at most eat a few bites(3-4) then stop eating n refuse to eat anymore. She won't even eat snacks if offered. Only thing she's willing to eat at night is fruits. In the day she'd eat pretty okay, only issue is dinner time n she takes 200ml of fresh milk every night before bed but now that she's on a dinner strike, she doesn't even finish her milk, drinks at most 100ml or less + no/little dinner. We tried different foods, takeaway, homecooked, eat out, eat together, she just doesn't wanna eat. She does indicate that she's hungry n asked for food but when offered she refuses. Normally when that happens we won't offer her an "alternative food", we just let her not eat n hopefully get hungry n hence eat but it only works sometimes. Been going on for about 2 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

This must be both worrying and frustrating for you mama. Hang in there okay? Sometimes our children do things that drive us crazy and we wonder, of course as parents because we love them and wanna make sure we do the best for them, if they’re eating enough, sleeping enough, etc. Sounds to me like this may be a phase and it’ll blow over eventually. Children don’t like to be left out and once they see that something is routine, to belong, they’ll give in to peer pressure or in this case, ‘family pressure’. I thought this article was an interesting read too and maybe it might provide some ideas and suggestions: https://www.yummytoddlerfood.com/what-to-do-when-a-toddler-wont-eat/

Read more