My 20m girl was coughing throughout the whole of last night. And in btw, I could hear wheezing sounds when she breathed. What could be the reasons for the wheezing sounds? She doesn't has blocked nose not runny nose.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wheezing might be her lungs not nose block. Thats y PD always check and listen to their lungs to made sure that it is cleared. Otherwise, there might be complications. I applied baby vicks on my little one when they have cough or cold. I rubbed on his chest, back and soles (covered with socks). It will help them sleep better at night. Do consult a PD if her cough persists as she is still young.

Read more

Wheezing is not to be taken lightly. My elder boy was wheezing one night as a result of flu and bad cough that doesn't seem to go away . We sent him to Kkh children's emergency as it happened in the middle of night .. Turn out it was quite bad and he had to be hospitalised to be monitored. So pls bring your child to see a doctor

Read more

She may be wheezing as her airways could be getting narrowed due to the infection. It would be safer to bring her to your doctor to assess as children this young cannot tell you they are having breathing difficulties and it is not as obvious as in adults.

It could be that her airways is blocked. Please check on her to ensure that she is breathing well else you may have to bring her to the nearest GP or A&E. This is not a joking matter and please put it in your 1st priority.

Read more

Pls get it checked by the PD or GP to ensure that it is not bronchitics. Better be safe than sorry. Wheezing often happens when the airways are blocked which is definitely a concern. Please trust yr gut feelings.

Read more

u can try rub vicks on her chest and feets then let her wear socks. i tried on my 31mo n works well.