blocked and runny nose

my toddler has a terrible blocked nosed and runny nose, at night sleeping i can hear her snoring, how to remove mucus?? my toddler is 3 years old

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi... you can try the following Buy saline nasal spray. This is the only safe nasal spray to use with babies, infants, and toddlers. Lay the baby down on his back and, if possible, slightly tilt his head back (don't force it, though). Then spray 2 to 3 drops of saline spray into each nostril. Don't worry if baby sneezes some of it out -- it still made its way into the nasal passage. If any spray comes out of the nose, wipe it away gently with a tissue.

Read more
5y ago

Hi, sorry to ride on. May I know if the saline nasal spray can be purchased over the counter? Is there a specific brand to buy?? And suitable for what age??

We did the old fashion way of steaming my 2 year old son 2xday for 1 week. Morning and night. We put lemon peel and boiled it. Stayed under a blanket. Wrapped him with big towel so he wont move so much. 😁

Maybe you can try running a humidifier in your baby’s room while they sleep to help loosen mucus. Or using nasal saline drops; putting one or two drops of saline in the nose can help loosen mucus.

VIP Member

Even my kid is suffering the same but nasal spray helps him to fall sleep .. u may can try it .. it will definitely worth to use

TapFluencer

Try mucus suction pump. Dab some Olbas oil for baby on baby clothes and pillow to help with breathing

Pigeon nose cleaner (can get from NTUC), but your toddler may not like it at first

VIP Member

Can use mucus vacuum.. I use that for my boy.. Also.. Offer lots of fluids..

Nebulizer helps in congestion....it builds steam in the room

VIP Member

Do ask the pd for some nasal sprays etc She'll feel better(: