Yesterday when I nursed my baby, she ended up with hives on the side of the face that touched my body/clothes. I have not changed any detergent nor sprayed or use anything fragrant/perfume. I am so baffled. The hives were so big batch and bad. But they go away after 30mins on their own. What could have triggered?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Was there like a new coat of paint , new humidifier or something sprayed into the environment. Their skin is very sensitive so it is easy for them to get hives . Don't think it is too much of a concern just monitor. Did you feed baby anything else besides milk? And you are breastfeeding right? Did you eat any food out of the norm as that may cause hives

Read more
7y ago

So i shifted the diffuser away fr the common bathroom nearest lo's room. I am monitoring it for another day or two. She goes ifc, no issues of she touches someone.. just me!!

Thanks! I realised those fragrance sticks diffuser where you dip into the jar of fragrant essence oil maybe the culprit. I just turned the sticks upside down over the weekend... so it could be that? Feeding her solids now. Introduced egg yolks to her on Sat... also a possible cause. I ate sea cucumber on sat.. also possible...? hmmm

Read more
VIP Member

It may be the something in the environment that triggered the hives OR it could be the material of the clothing too.

7y ago

Thanks Jorelle. I am in my usual home clothes. I also suspect somethng in the environment.