I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and getting hives very frequently! On my legs, under arms. Help?

Usually getting hives all over my body especially after I shower. I suspect its the soap. But occasional hive attack out of nowhere! Clean room and just sitting down working! 1. Anyone can share if they have pregnancy hives and what's the trigger? 2. Can recommend affordable cleansing wash for body? Thanks all mummies in advance who can give a word of advice!! 😘😘

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had it too on my entire back. I had to resort to seeing a GP for it. He gave me steroids cream (baby level), but use only for VERY VERY itchy small spot. Anti histamines is probably the savior. He prescribed me chlorpheniramine which is also approved by my gynae. Apparently first gen drugs are the most thoroughly tested. But I took it sparingly. And GP said there’s really no other way other than ensuring you are moisturized. I got better too with a switch to Clarins oil too. Not sure whether it’s a combi of all these that got me out of the nasty period

Read more

I switched to Ceradan body wash and it went away after a few weeks. Unfortunately it's quite expensive