Dilemma and stress about 2nd pregnancy

Work has been stressful and currently 12 weeks pregnant. Feeling exhausted everyday and relying alot on medication to sustain the day to day. Thought of quitting the job but worried about financially as well. Anyone going through same thing as me?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there mummy, I’m a mother with 1 toddler and currently on my 3 trimester. My job involves lots of physical work high level of braincell, and working on 3shifts😉. My girl is going to be 2yo, actively climbing running around. Yes is exhausting, but i learn to outsource to my hubby. I don’t believe that caring for children is a single person job. On top of that , i am still doing housework(laundry/vacuum/mop) but also outsource it by engaging house keeping company(wiping windows/toilet wash). My advice is “Don’t quit your job” as you will need the financial support, and not forgetting you will be entitled to a 4months Maternity leave(paid without need to work) 28weeks more down the road, and your spouse gets 1month PL as Singaporean. If you’re a foreigner you will entitled to 2months ML at least😬✌🏻. Some suggestions: 1. Take rest(MC/HL) if needed. You’re always replaceable at work but never at home. So measure importances of your role at home. 2. Rest well during your off days. 3. Go for a movie/nice dinner with your spouse. 4. Outsource your child to your parents for a short few hours/day for better rest. 5. Engage house keeping company to clean your place. 6. Eat out/order in if you don’t feel like cooking. Lastly, please take care of yourself. Remember you are not alone, mommies out there is having the same struggle as you. Reminder to Outsource!Outsource! Outsource! Your tiredness😉✌🏻.

Read more

Hopefully your energy level will go up during 2nd trimester! My work is also stressful but I try to take periodic rest/ leave to avoid too much stress and remind myself to prioritise health and well being. I’m a first time mom and I realised the finance expenses are really much higher now. Not only there are medical expenses (can be claimable depending on company)and baby related purchase etc, there are own expenses such as confinement nanny, clothes for our own wear, post natal massage, prenatal classes, etc. I know some of these are optional but would be good to know that you can make your own choices not just based on money. Look forward to the paid maternity leave after giving birth then decide whether to resign.

Read more

1st trimester is very tiring for mom to be and it’s normal to feel tired. I had frequent naps and longer hours of sleeping. Now I prioritise more on health than work. Work can be hectic, but mindset to take it easy day by day… can consider to take 3-5 days leave to have a break. Anxiety and stress can affect the foetus.. would do anything to prioritise on health first.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5233445)

same !