Antenatal Depression

Anyone experiencing work related stress during pregnancy? I am currently 30weeks pregnant and been experiencing work stress. Working shift work, being called back during off day, crying before the shift starts. A colleague of mine had stillbirth and yet they are pushing me to work harder. Im scared of experiencing the same thing. Work requires me to walk most of the time and im already having pelvic pain. Do you think my gynae will let give me hospitalization leave till due date? Cause I cant take the stress right now. #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

the most important thing and investment in your life is taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally. Now u also have a baby life to takecare of. hope u make the right decision for yourself . and then everything will fall in place. Have faith that all will work out in your favor. takecare of yourself first is the highest form of self care. never forget that . peace n love

Read more

Let your gynae knows about your stress, mental health is important as well. I’m sure he/she will understands. Back then when I had a misfortune to pregnancy, my gynae is very concerned about my mental health and willing to extend my HL if I need more time before going back to work. Hope you will be fine soon! Take care!

Read more
Super Mum

Talk to ur gynae and ask ur gynae for hospitalisation leave. You didn’t ask, u won’t know. Nothing is more important than ur baby. 2 more months to go only. Taking care of urself is the most impt now

Hospitalisation leave is only 60days. Is it ok to wfh unless could you request for unpaid leave or something for 1 month to ease off the stress? Please take care.

3y ago

Thank you for the response. I only have a less than 60 days for my maternity leave. So im okay with taking hospitalization leave and i cnt afford to take npl.