First scan at 10 weeks?

Hey all.. wondering if any experienced moms can advise me. I got an appointment for my first ever scan at 10weeks.. is that OK? Because I've always thought that the first scan is around 5-8weeks? 10 weeks seems abit far? Or is it totally fine? It's my first pregnancy so I'm at a lost about most things. Hope to get some advice! Thank youuuu

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there ! I got my first scan at 6weeks but we cant see much, just the sac .. To me its quite dissapointing and waste of money & time bcos ended up we cant see baby on the screen but have to pay the consultation fees etc 😅So i think 10wks is ok and higher chance u will be able to see the baby .. i got my 2nd scan at 12weeks and only then i can see how much my baby have grown from 3mm to 4.5 cm ! Take care !

Read more
3y ago

thank you so much for sharing!! I feel better hearing your story. if not, I will be such a nervous wreck hehe

My 1st scan was at 10 weeks too and that's when I get to see my fetus very clearly. It's fine, yes! Unless your appt is so much earlier around 5-6 weeks then you'll probably can't see your fetus yet then it'll add more worry to you.

3y ago

thank you so much for sharing!!

I purposely went abit later i think ard week 9 for referal, and got referred to KKH for 1st appmnt on week 11 bcz i wanna avoid the transvaginal scan bcz im so scared. Went thr and i got ultrasound scan and saw my baby 😍

I went pte gynae (whichever had slot) because when i found out i was already wk 8 and the guy i wanted at nuh only can have his first appt in feb which would have been too late. 😂 but i tink it should b ok?

3y ago

My gynae doesnt know i wanted to go nuh. Lol. Anyway i cancelled nuh in the end also. Now hoping the pte one will take my case 😂

It's fine. My first gynae appointment will be nearing 10 weeks too. Some went too early (at about 6-7 weeks) and only able to see sac and ask to come back 2 weeks later.

3y ago

yup, thank you!

its totally fine. at 10 weeks , you'll definitely be able to see baby and heartbeat❤

3y ago

thank you for your reply! I'm just so nervous about everything and waiting for week 10 seems such a drag! hehehe

TapFluencer

If you go earlier it will be transvagjnal scan, not the usual ultrasound scan.

Had my first scan at the 12th weeks too! Everything will be alright. Comgratulations!

VIP Member

Congratulations! Anyway, i had my 1st scan at 12 weeks. Its okay ❤️🎊

3y ago

thank you for sharing!!!

TapFluencer

first scan at 8 to 10 weeks is fine. congrats!