Took MRT today and someone asked me to give up seat to someone, i replied I'm pregnant. Am i bad?

Wk 14, wearing loose dress and tummy nt obvious. The Mrt was very crowded in the morning with everyone gg to work. I cant even see who she wanted me to give the seat to. I told her im pregnant. She then said sorry but i said it's okay. I just glad she didn't react differently. Phew. After a few stations, many alighted then I saw an elderly man, i think the lady wanted me to give up seat to this elderly. So i felt bad but then i observed that there were empty seats then but he didn't sit too. But cause i felt bad then i started to think if i should have given up my seat in the first place? Any thoughts?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

don't feel bad, priority seats are for us too. very sad to see now a days people seems to not care for pregnant lady entering mrt and offer their seat. I witnessed a pregnant lady coming in and no one cares to offer. worst still those seating in the priority seats are not even disable or pregnant.. choose to ignore and continue playing w phones..

Read more