Took MRT today and someone asked me to give up seat to someone, i replied I'm pregnant. Am i bad?

Wk 14, wearing loose dress and tummy nt obvious. The Mrt was very crowded in the morning with everyone gg to work. I cant even see who she wanted me to give the seat to. I told her im pregnant. She then said sorry but i said it's okay. I just glad she didn't react differently. Phew. After a few stations, many alighted then I saw an elderly man, i think the lady wanted me to give up seat to this elderly. So i felt bad but then i observed that there were empty seats then but he didn't sit too. But cause i felt bad then i started to think if i should have given up my seat in the first place? Any thoughts?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I honestly would prioritize myself and my baby. Plus you did mention there were empty seats but he didnt seat. Dont feel bad!

Not wrong! I would have done the same as you. I am on my 2nd trimester and my bump is still not obvious as i always wear loose dress, so till now no one give up the seats for me either

1y ago

haha same here.. every morning in crowded trains and looking at all the abled men/women sitting in priority seats sleeping/playing with phones 😪 then so scared that those in the rush hour will just bump into my tummy so always using my hand to "protect".. 🤭

not wrong.be safe then sorry. I'm still first trimester not obvious but I got belly. in the morning I stand all the way. but many worries if ppl accidentally hit my bun bun

Read more

Pregnant mummy deserves the seat no matter what. Don’t be guilty!

I would do the same too especially if you’re tired/dizzy!

First priority must be yourself and babe♥️

Don't feel bad! You need the seat too.

TapFluencer

hugs