Wife losing weight since baby was born

My wife has been losing weight since our baby was born in January 2020. She does eat her 3 meals, but often not on time due to work commitments, house work, and constant need to attend to baby, and every mid night she has to wake up to make formula Milk for Baby twice daily etc.... Is there abt particular thing I should look out for and care for as a hubby? Should I bring my wife to visit a doctor or Visit back our Gyane whom we engaged before baby was born?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's really great to know that you care for your wife cos not every husband does. Unless it's drastic weight lose which of course you need to bring her to see a dr, it's perfectly normal to lose weight after birth. Maybe you can take turn with her to make baby's milk at night, help her with some house chores like vacuum/sweep and washing the dishes. Also, it's ok if the house is a mess. It's totally normal when you have a baby around & have to tend to the baby. Your wife's well being and mental health is priority. She also needs her sleep. Ask her if she's okay and if she needs any help from you.

Read more

try dividing the work schedule among each other so you both can relieve one another. anytime she is busy let her snack on fruits or beverages that are healthy not junks as they just fill the stomach and adds no nutritional value to her and this is not good for the baby

VIP Member

Is she loosing her pregnancy weight or her normal weight? If it's her normal weight and she is loosing rapidly then better to consult a doc just to be safe. Most probably the weight loss could be due to the reasons you mentioned. But better to get a doc's opinion

You need to help ur wife with housework and taking care of baby, nights duties. So she can rest and also have time to eat. There’s no use bringing to doctor. If there’s no change to lifestyle, it will be the same

Good that you concern for your wife... maybe you can share the household chores and also making and feeding bb the formula milk at night so that your wife would be able to rest

help her with her housework, help to feed and take care of baby, give her time to eat and rest

dont see anything wrong with her losing weight unless it’s very drastic

yes u may. maybe they will prescript few supplements and vitamins

help her with the feeding of formula milk to your little one