First trimester dating scan

My wife is already in the 6th week of her first trimester. We went to the polyclinic to get a referral letter for a follow up at NUH with a obstetrics and gynae doctor there. Called NUH and they said that the earliest date available is on the 12th/13th week. Is the wait to see a doctor at NUH so long for subsidized patients? Doesn’t seem right that the wait for a follow up and a crucial first trimester dating scan is so long. Any advise? Thank you :)

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Majority of my friends complained that NUH is always crowded and the waiting time is horrendous. So I selected SGH during the Polyclinic check up for referal on a Saturday and immediately got a response or date for the check up at SGH which was 3 days away! Mind you, I was 3-4weeks pregnant at that time. The waiting time at SGH was fast and efficient, so was the nurses and doctors. Came in at 2 PM for a 2.15PM Appointment and immediately got called in for check up and scans, less than 30 mins, I was done with the consultations and scanning. A few hours later, got a text message for the next appointment date and timing.

Read more