Why does my 4 nth old baby keep eating her fingers?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Four months is about the age when babies discover their hands -- and find that they're wonderfully useful! They most love using them to get anything they can into their mouths, including their fingers. Sucking can be a sign of hunger, but if your daughter is eating and growing well, I don't think she's hungry constantly. Most likely, she's doing it to soothe herself, which is a very normal behavior; up to a third of infants suck a pacifier or their fingers. Unless you're ready to substitute something equally relaxing as often as your daughter sucks her fingers, stopping her could be hard and pretty upsetting for everyone. 

Read more

At that age, baby is discovering how her fingers and feet work and it is likely that that her fingers are pretty much her new favourite things. Putting them in her mouth is part of exploring them and acknowledging that they are part of her and that she has total control over them. Now that this milestone has happened, be careful to ensure that baby does not accidentally put other items in her mouth that might be detrimental to her. Keep an eye on the curious little one!

Read more

She might be teething,most babies start teething betwenen 4 and 7 months.Baby growing up start to use their hand to exploring things and puting them in their mouth. You'll need to start being more vigilant about babyproofing and always keeping an eye on her.

this is how they explore the things around them. they put things in their mouth to explore their shape, texture and taste. their mouth will remain a primary means of exploring the world around them for some time.

Gnawing is one of the biggest signs of teething! Does she drool a lot? has she been more bawly recently, running a fever? If yes - then put your finger in her mouth and start checking for little bumps. :)

Hi Darius, Your little cutie may be teething. You can get some teething toys and cool it in the fridge so that your baby can bite it when she has itchy or irritated gum:)

usually their gums is itchy due to growing baby tooth..While bitting tbeir fingers they feltvthe tenderness thats why.Maybe u can tr buy her the Giraffe i think Sophie.

VIP Member

She could be teething. You can get her a teething toy to ease her teething discomfort

They are exploring