Why my 3 months old boy does not like to play with toy rattles?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

At 3 months old, they don't have much vision at all - things are still pretty blurry to them and they don't really have much gripping ability yet, hence they probably won't like toys like rattles! In fact, most babies do not need toys until they're at least 6 months old - they're happy enough just with your company, listening to your voice or songs :)

Read more
VIP Member

it's normal. my 3mo doesn't play w toy rattle. He just stare at his hands or when we shake the rattle for him. at 3mo, their grip isn't strong yet

Read more
7y ago

Thanks

its not the time yet...at dis moment 3 mths baby needs spend more time observing starting to learn turning his body n communicate to him.

At 3 months old they are more interested with our faces then toys. Sing songs, and let them explore your fingers and facial features.

7y ago

Thank you!

Mine didn't play with his rattle when he was 3 mth too. Instead I bought those hanging stuff for him to reach up n grab

VIP Member

still quite young at 3 months old. their vision is not good and so, give him some time

VIP Member

3 months old is still small. Need to wait until at least 6 months or older.

it's normal and it's okay. give him other toys. kids have their own preferences.

7y ago

Thanks.

my 3mo back then didn't play w rattle as its heavy. he likes the O ball

7y ago

Where can I get the O ball?

VIP Member

Every child is unique. Suggest you introduce him to other toys.