Health Insurance

Which private integrated shield plans did you get for your newborn? What do you look out for?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I got the great eastern hospitalisation one. I think you’ll need to decide whether you want private or public hospitals, and which class ward if you choose the latter. Then you’ll need to choose whether to buy riders (to cover deductibles, etc). Honestly, a lot of the plans are comparable in terms of benefits. Some have a few extra things, so you’ll need to see whether they actually matter to you. Then look and see how much premium you’re willing to pay. I find the public hospital plan premiums pretty reasonable, and I like the public hospitals, so it was an easy choice for me. I compared the plans and premiums of the various companies, and settled on Great Eastern.

Read more

I’ll probably go for Prudential as I have that and my advisor has been very helpful throughout the years, processing claims for me. Quite comprehensive plan but service is important for followup when something major happens.

VIP Member

Prudential and AIA has good plans. Look out for any exclusions, congenital waiting period, co payment and HFMD coverage.

Hey, My friends have taken plan from Great Eastern and they recommend it

VIP Member

Aia. She is a premie so got rejected by a few b4 aia accepts.

VIP Member

Should cover critical illness and personal accident etc

VIP Member

Great eastern

AIA