Which is better for LO who is turning one and has been fully on breastmilk? Formula milk, goat milk or fresh milk?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was ever in that dilemma & posted on FB. These is what I gathered & tried: Initially resisted FM hence tried fresh milk & even determined to get the freshest by buying from local farm. Tried the taste, no diff from the commercial fresh milk from supermkt, no cow cow smell. lol. Expiry is really short, have to consume within 1wk if not wrong. Cost is $5.50 so only slightly more expensive, however have to min order $20 for free delivery. So I gave up this option aft 2wks. Didn't went on to try goat milk as I felt would meet the same problem as I had w fresh milk. also worried of the goaty smell in the milk. So I end up trying formula milk after visiting a PD as my girl percentile was dropping. She was a picky eater, PD suggested trying mixing BM w formula. formula milk after all is not that evil it helps picky eater to replenish the missing nutrients that she didn't get from solid food. I end up choosing Dumex for their prebiotics protecting guts as I heard many mummies complaining abt formula being v heaty causing hard stool. however do rmb to start of mixing breastmilk in higher proportion to whatever you decided to give & slowly reducing the mix ratio till your LO is comfortable

Read more

For my firstborn, I give goat fresh milk, cow fresh milk in the beginning and finally fm, because pd said she is very small in size. However, fm does not help in weight gain at all but causing her to have many coughs with wet phlegm. We change a pd and also seeing a tcm doctor for her cough whom both recommended me to bf her back to beyond 5; which we did and mix feed with oat/fresh cow milk. For second born, we give purely fresh milk only in school and bf whenever she is with me. She is still small size but better appetite with solid food. Surprisingly, we did not have any issue with cough for her at all.

Read more

According to Baby Center we can start giving one year olds full fat full cream milk. However it depends on individual preference. I prefer my gal to drink something warm and not cold fresh milk so formula milk will still be the main milk. I won't go into goat milk because I find that if she has no issues with cow's milk I won't need to start her on goat's milk which is also more expensive

Read more

Hi, I think formula milk is important as they are still growing their teeth and bones. U can have a mixture such as fresh goat milk or cow milk for breakfast and tea break and the formula milk in the night. If ur kids not choosy over the taste and hitting all his milestones I think no matter which type of milk.u r giving should be just fine. :)

Read more
VIP Member

It depends on your LO. If your child is able to tolerate cow's milk, you don't have to go into goat's milk. As for my toddler who is a fully breastfed baby, he refused all types of formula powder. I had to give him full fat fresh milk. Usually bedtime milk i will warm the milk for him to drink. Day time i will just give him cold milk.

Read more
7y ago

my LO also fully breast feed till now.. I try to give her formula, she only drink like 10-30ml.. full cream milk, she drink slightly more than formula...

I will perfer formula for my child. i believe formula will give all the benefits nutrition need to my child. there are lot of milk powder brands in the markets. u might like to ask for sample for ur child to try before buying. which what i did so. and currently my both boys are in friso and they like it

Read more

Depending on what is more suitable for your toddler. You can give fresh milk or goats milk. I did both. The price per month is about the same. So I switch between both however if you can, better to give goats milk as it is the closest to breastmilk. I get mine from hay dairies.

We will combine our resources and expertise to offer you a comprehensive solution, whether you need a mobile home renovation or a living room makeover. https://onegoodhandyman.co.uk/service/refurbishment/

For me since LO turned a year old i swear by hay dairies goats milk. Nothing beats fresh milk.