Which are the best bedtime stories that you tell your kids?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Growing up I loved fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen, they are a classic and I haven't met a child that does not love those stories. My personal favourites were (still are) The Little Mermaid and Rumplestilskin. Try to look for the child-friendly version of these fairytales if your child is really young because the ones I had as a kid were close to the original version and rather dark. I remember feeling really sad for the Little Mermaid when she said that every step she took felt like knives stabbing her. My parents also made it a point to read to me in my mother tongue (Malay) twice a week because we predominantly speak English at home. I remember vividly the stories of a deer (sang kancil) outsmarting the crocodile (buaya).

Read more
Post reply image

My fondest memories of bedtime stories with my parents when I was a child were stories they made up... which always taught a lesson I needed to learn for the day. I find that it's not so much the story but the gesture that made it special for me. Here's some tips on how to enrich bedtime storytelling that can help. http://ph.theasianparent.com/bedtime-storytelling-for-kids/

Read more

There are many fairy tales which i would like to tell to my kids and some of them are listed below:- 1) Hercules and the Wagoneer. 2) The Snow Mouse. 3) Pig , Goat and Sheep. 4) Ug the Thug 5) Annie and the Rabbit’s Foot. Also you can read the whole story if you browse the link given below. http://www.bedtime.com/stories/

Read more

I love to read Dr Seuss books. The rhyming in them is great for younger kids especially, as it helps with their rhythm when they are first starting to talk. Another big favourite in our house are books by Roald Dahl, which older kids love. I love reading them too, so they're really good for the whole family!

Read more

Most of the time my kids like fairy tales. For my younger one, he is not so choosy yet and any story is fine. Sometimes I will ask them to choose 2 animals that they like so I can make up my own stories for them and they find it very funny.

Indeed, fairy tales are always interesting to kids. There are many good stories out there and are my pesonal favorite ones. - The Soup Princess - Boy of Argon Manor - Adventures in Jungle Juice

Read more

Happy stories that are short and sweet that will lead to sweet dreams. My favourite would be classics from Hans Christian Andersen.

thanks