When will my newborn have his first physical examination after we leave the hospital? What will happen at that first check-up?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Normally after discharge from hospital (assume that you had a normal vaginal delivery) at Day 3, you are required to bring baby to PD/polyclinic during Day 5/6 to check on jaundice level as this will be the peak period a newborn will develop jaundice. Doctor will check your baby's heart beat to listen if there is any murmur sound, check blood test for jaundice, ask some questions e.g. frequency of feedings and diaper change.

Read more

Normally after discharge from hospital (assume that you had a normal vaginal delivery) at Day 3, you are required to bring baby to PD/polyclinic during Day 5/6 to check on jaundice level as this will be the peak period a newborn will develop jaundice. Doctor will check your baby's heart beat to listen if there is any murmur sound, check blood test for jaundice, ask some questions e.g. frequency of feedings and diaper change.

Read more
VIP Member

I brought my baby to the polyclinic when she was 4 days old to check her jaundice level. The doctor will also check your baby to see if he is doing fine and check on his general health and ask you some questions about his feeding amount/frequency and number of dirty diapers. Usually, they will also ask if you breastfeed or formula feed, but the main thing is to check for jaundice.

Read more

thanks