When should I start pumping my baby’s nose with nasal aspirator when she has colds?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started using it when my baby has difficulty breathing which affected his feeding. It was when he was about one month old. I personally tried to avoid using it until the mucus totally blocked his nose and affected his feeding. My first time using the nasal aspirator on baby was quite scary. I remembered my baby moved a lot and I have difficulty aiming it into his nostrils. My baby cried and struggled. Now after gaining experience, it has been really easy to use and it's really super effective in getting the booger out! Tips: - get someone to distract your baby when using it. - make sure you do it fast. Aim and spray it in one attempt. - standby a tissue to catch the booger when it's out.

Read more
VIP Member

You don't need to pump your baby's nose; it's more of a sucking action. I usually use it when I notice a booger in her nose as she is unable to blow her nose yet. I have both the bulb nasal aspirator and tube one. The tube should be gentler on the baby's nose, but the bulb one is more convenient. It is able to extract out mucus effectively.

Read more

This is going to sound gross but my dad sucks out his boogers with his mouth. It's most effective and fast but as much as I love my son dearly, no way would I do that

thanks

VIP Member

Thanks much for sharing your experiences!