Which EDD to follow....?

When I went to NUH, I was told my EDD is 28 April 2020. I went to a private clinic now... And my EDD is 24 April 2020 ? Anyone encountered something like this? If yes, which date do you follow?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The edd will keep changing depending on baby’s growth rate. My gynae mentioned to follow the date given during 1st appt. More accurate. Anyway, if you’re keen to know more mummies who are due around the same time as you, you can consider joining the fb group ◡̈

Post reply image
VIP Member

It is only an estimate based on the baby’s growth and usually, the earliest scan is the most accurate. A difference of few days doesn’t really matter. In the end, your baby will be the one to decide when he/she is ready to meet the world. 😅

VIP Member

doesn't matter, it's only for u to know when is ur baby fullterm, the actual date will be chosen by ur baby if u choose normal delivery, but if u choose c-sect, then the date is decided by u or gynae

VIP Member

Earlier is better but we can’t depend on the Edd .. it’s just for approx date hence we may get deliver either before or after so u may get ready ur hospital bag once ur 9th month started ..

VIP Member

Yes me too. I followed the second date EDD which gynae confirmed during my pregnancy. Won’t be exactly give birth on EDD also.

My EDD also changed by 2 days after subsequent ultrasound scans. Just follow the latest one that the doctor told you

Yes,I went to private last time my EDD is July29 but when I am at KK earlier EDD is July 27

Super Mum

Follow earlier one better. It’s estimate so can still change throughout your pregnancy

Usually the first one is the most accurate. Subsequently is due to baby’s growth

TapFluencer

Haha! I just followed my own calculation coz my period quite regular intervals