1st time mommy

When can i start to buy baby things? After gyne reveal the gender or wait til 32 weeks? Any pantang for this..

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can start researching and buying stuff now. Research on baby products is superrrrr time consuming as it is and it’s better for your wallet to space out your purchases anyway. For me, it was important to see some stuff in real life before purchasing so my husband & I surveyed shops and things early on (like week 10) before the circuit breaker was announced and I’m so glad that we did that. I didn’t buy everything at once but added things to my list and found what I wanted online during the circuit breaker period. Things took a long time to arrive but we saved money on cashback and online sales. Also I bought some gender neutral stuff before the gender reveal. Clothes and smaller items I bought after gender reveal TLDR; research early and buy sporadically :)

Read more
VIP Member

Started buying stuffs from late 2nd trimester and still going on.. it's a time consuming job as you need to do proper resesrch specially for items like cribs, stroller, car seats etc. so better to start by 2nd trimester. Gender specific stuffs like clothes & shoes etc. can wait until gender reveal. Also, during this period, you'll have to rely on online shopping heavily and with delivery taking longer than usual, it's better to plan in advance. Happy shopping :)

Read more

I actually buy slowly ....Around 22 weeks i started with baby cot , yaolan , baby pram ...those essential ones . I take my own sweet time to survey . Then only around 32wks i started on the swaddle , mittens , clothes etc . But 1 thing I learnt is tat , I get super tired wen my bump is bigger . Best is to buy after gender reveal .

Read more
Super Mum

You can start buying anytime you want:) Personally, I waited after the 1st trimester, and bought most of the stuff in the 2nd trimester (before my tummy was too big and I was too tired)

VIP Member

I started buying after the 6th month, not because of any pantang. Didn’t wanna buy too early coz who knows what’s gonna happen or too late coz you will get tired easily.

TapFluencer

I bought them after I'm 6 months pregnant was told not to very pantang

VIP Member

Third trimester for me but I did lot survey before that. No pantang.

somewhere in 3rd trimester.. don't occupy space in house too early

VIP Member

After 30weeks, I try to avoid when hubby assemble the baby cots

VIP Member

I bought mine as soon as I know the gender thou.