Week 17 gender?

Hi experienced mommies, I have had to change doctor as my current gyne doesn't do deliveries anymore. So i am seeing the new doctor for the first time this week. Am I likely to know the baby gender this week or will the doctor reveal it only during week 20? #pleasehelp #firstbaby #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was very open about showing her pp to me since week 16.. 😂 My gynae then asked if I wanted to know the gender and told me “below is empty”. Sonographer confirmed bb’s gender on my week 20 scan. (I only did Oscar) So I think if it’s clear enough, gynae will most probably ask you if you want to know the gender even before your week 20 scan.

Read more

hello mommy, I went to the doc for my week 16 scan, and while I was excited to know the gender, the doc couldn't see clearly. They'd ideally tell you in your week 20 scan. Goodluck :)

VIP Member

Did you do NIPT? if not, usually gender will probably be revealed by wk 20 when everything is clearer during the scan

2y ago

can i ask what is the Nipt usually for? i thought it's to test chromosomes only?

Mine they only let me know during 20 weeks at kkh.