Biased or normal behaviour of MIL?

When we first got married, my hubby insisted that we stay near my in-laws who are retired so that they can help take care of our kids in future. My MIL also said that we should stay nearby. But one day, even before I got pregnant, my MIL suddenly said that she don’t want to take dare of my kids because she is tired and wants her “freedom”. But she was ok taking care of her daughter’s kids aka my sister in law’s kids. Even when my kids are sick now, my MIL also never offered to help out or do anything. My own mother who is still working had to take leave to help me out. Is it true that a daughter in law will never match up to a daughter? Feeling so tired and disheartened...

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think if im in your position i would prefer to not mix too much with the in laws 😅 easier as u dont need to confront them if their parenting style is not the same as yours and its not easy to talk to in laws. if own parents can just scold. if your own mother willing to take care if good!

4y ago

is* and yes better to maintain just a cordial relationship. mixing your kids in "might" also ruin the relationship in the long run if not same thinking. see the positive side!