What to do when your child threatens to run away? My neighbour friend is worried about her kid who is behaving very weird since a week, and also told that he'll run away from the house. How to handle such a kid?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly, maybe your neighbour should contact his school and speak to his teachers to see if he is also behaving strangely at school or if something happened to him or if his friends are picking on him etc. Try to work with his teachers to see if they can establish the cause of his sudden change. 5 years old is still very young. Alot of times we as parents think that they are grown ups, but actual fact is, they are not. They yearn for attention and love. During this time, try to spend more time with him. Do activities together. Give him extra attention, more hugs and kisses. Sometimes the solution could really be this simple.

Read more

Hi dad could you share a little more. How old is the kid? It would be helpful to elaborate a little about the reason or cause of arguement.

8y ago

the kid is 5. his parents couldn't reveal me more, but they said he got influenced by something in school. this worries me more knowing kids can catch anything easily, good or bad