What is the greatest thing you gave up for your child?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My self, I guess? I was giving so much to my kids that it went to a point where I was already neglecting taking care of myself. My days went by without brushing hair, wearing decent clothes and not even caring if my skin is dry or my nails are a nightmare already. My aspirations slowly escapes me and I was burying myself with worries and doubts. I was sacrificing too much of myself thinking that it's good to give up all of me so I can live solely for my kids. It's a good thing I have a strong support system and that I never lost grip in my faith. Slowly, I'm regaining what I had that I hid somewhere to be left forgotten. I'm glad to share to other moms that giving up yourself for your family is not a heroic act. Nurturing and pushing to be a better version of yourself each day benefits your family more than it benefits you. :) :D

Read more

I would have to say my plans for myself. Though I am really grateful that I have a child now, I must say that we didn't plan her. I am 25 years old that time, having fun in Manila and building my career. When I had her, it was devastating at first because I had to give up my plans of establising my career, going out with friends whenever I want to, and the leisure of buying things that I want.

Read more

I guess everything that makes me happy when I was still single. I thought I was having the time of my life back then. But when I had my first born, all my aspirations in life have changed. My life almost had a full turn but I would never ever regret that I have sacrificed and gave up those things for my children.

Read more

My Time! Time is no longer mine as I have to share it with my LO. His movements will decide what am I going to do. Nowadays I dont hang out friends that often and I may have to take leave from work if my baby is unwell. nevertheless, it is still sweet and worthwhile to see the child growing happily and healthily!

Read more
VIP Member

Time. Like sleep, me time, time with friends. However, I gain much more than I gave for my child. I gain strength, mother instinct & love. Lastly my precious child which I will give up anything if I need to, to keep her healthy & happy

Work. Have been a career woman all my life but now I am staying home for the kids. No more promotion, paid holiday and all those perks but I do not regret anything. Motherhood is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me :-)

for me would be most of my "times".. ME time, sleep time, toilet time, entertainment time.. though losing those but greatest gift of all is to have 2 little princes into my life... they are basically my everything now.. ;)

My social life and my sleep! Lol! But now my kids are older, I can arrange play dates with my Buddies' kiddos! We found a few indoor playgrounds with cafe where mummies can chat and the kiddos play.