What type of food I should give to my 8 months baby? Unable to introduce her with other milk.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Ritu, if your baby is not interested in other milk, do not worry, as not having milk will not really be a problem, as long as she has other foods. at 8 months, you can give her a variety of foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, dal rice, khichdi, soft stuffed parathas, sauteed or steamed vegetables with butter, cheese cubes, curd, lassi, tender coconut water and so much more. you can also get regular idli batter and add raagi and sooji to it to make it healthier and make yummy idlis. you can also try making vegetable dalia but make sure it gets super boiled and soft

Read more

at 8 months, even if your baby is not interested in trying out other types of milk, you can definitely introduce her to other solids and liquids. around this age, you can start giving her a lot of the foods you cook for the entire family, but of course with no chillies or spices. do start adding basic spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, cumin seeds and so on. dal rice, khichdi, roti, paratha, idli, dosa, vegetables, eggs, fruits, chicken, various lentils, oats, ragi, sooji are all things you can start giving now easily.

Read more

At eight months, you can begin introducing her to solids. More or less you can now give her all that you cook at home, just make sure that food that you offer are the ones that are easy to digest, as the digestive system of the babies are still developing it becomes difficult to digest hard food. You can begin by giving him mashed potato, banana, juices (homemade) soups, dal ka paani, khichdi, porridge to begin with and gradually give her other food items that you make at home.

Read more

WoW! That your baby can now actually taste the real food. I think, you can give him shed fruits, dal, boiled and mashed vegetable, in fact begin with soup. I will share a food table for what all you can give your baby now, hope it will be of help. http://www.shishuworld.com/food-chart-meal-plan-for-8-months-old-baby/ http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood8to10montholdbaby.htm

Read more

you can now start introducing her to a variety of liquids as well as soft foods. some very good first foods would be soft boiled dal, soft boiled and mashed rice, khichdi, boiled or steamed vegetables, mashed vegetables and fruits, porridge, vegetables such as banana and so on.

You can start giving dal ka paani, boiled nd mashed an apple a day, mashed bananas.