What supplements are you taking? What are the effects on the supplements on you?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During the 1st trimester, daily intake of Folic Acid is very important to protect your unborn baby from spina bifida. For all 3 pregnancies I did not feel any effect from the supplements. After 1st trimester you will take multi-vitamin for pregnancy. Some other supplements that are not compulsory are fish oil, calcium supplement and iron pills. Do consult your gynae if you intend to take additional supplements. The multi-vitamin pill is quite big to be swallowed and some mummies do not like it.

Read more

I'm was taking multi vitamins, fish oil and folic acid but only on and off because everytime I took them I would just puke out everything throughout my pregnancy. So I'm not sure if it did have any effect on me. I don't think anyone would really feel the effects of supplements though. As long as doctor says it's good for baby I would do it. :)

Read more

I took the multi vitamins, Gestacare, prescribed by my Gynae. My multi vitamins contain folic acid so there's no need to take additional folic acid. My Gynae also prescribed calcium pills and fish oil during my 1st trimester. There was no side effect at all after taking these supplements.

Post reply image
VIP Member

I took folic acid and multi vitamins in my first trimester. I did not have any side effects. Folic acid is essential in the first trimester for neural development of the foetus.

Post reply image
5y ago

i tried not taking obimin and my nausea is gone. if i took obimin, for sure i will be vomiting the whole day and couldnt do anything at all except stay in the toilet. huhu

I took OB min and calcium. Aside from black stool, I've never had any untowards symptoms.

5y ago

is it normal to have black stool.

Doctor gave obimin and folic acid. other then that I don't take anything extra.

thanks