What are some Filipino myths about getting your first period that you once believed? As for me, it was skipping steps on the stairs in order to avoid a heavy flow throughout my lifetime.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

hi i also tried that one, as for my mother in order for me to have it in a shorter period of time. it only last untill 3rd day of menstruation. i also tried rolling an egg around may face, putting a gumamela flower in my right ear. i just dont remember how it means, but if i have a chance to ask it to my mother i'll tell you the soonest.

Magbasa pa

Washing and damping of the underwear with the first stains of your period to your face so you won't have pimples. I didn't do it though but I was so scared that time that I might get a lot of pimples since I didn't follow it.

I was also told by my lola to do that too. But when she told me to wash my face with my menstrual blood, I was quick to disagree doing it for obvious reasons haha. I'm glad I didn't do it.

Do not take a bath sitting because air can enter your vagina so it will be painful. I really don't know if that's true but I have not been doing that since.