What are some of the expectations we (employers) should set for new helpers who we hope to train to help care for our LO? I've never had experience with helpers so would like to seek some advice. :)

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me there are these areas that are always included when I brief a helper: - job expectations and duties (what's her job and what isn't plus specifics on how I expect certain things to be done) - values and non-negotiables (cleanliness esp. when she's handling the baby, values like honesty --- it's ok to make mistakes as long as she tells us and doesn't try to hide it) - compensation and benefits - schedule/routine - safety warnings (don't talk to strangers in the park, etc) then we do a tour around the house and I teach her how to use baby appliances like the food warmer, and what products to use for baby's laundry, toys, etc.

Read more

How old is your lo? If LO is too young, there will be more things to train your helper, to ensure the clealiness and safety handling a baby. If your LO is consider independent, then your helper may be able to focus on house chores. In that case, a time table in daily basis need to be given for the helper to follow it strictly.

Read more
VIP Member

I regret not setting clear rules with my helper - she is just so irresponsible and always on her handphone. She is also really shitty on cleanliness - but she is good with baby. :( Pls set rules right from the beginning - don't be so kind, as later she will take advantage of your kindness. I have learnt it first hand

Read more