Are helpers nowdays more choosy? Refused to help employers with more than 2 kids?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would prefer to see them as being realistic rather then choosy. In a way, I would prefer they state up front that they are unable to take such jobs than to accept the job and end up not being able to handle the children and chores. Some of the foreign domestic helpers coming to Singapore are quite young and may not have the experience of handling children. Be sure to state your requirements clearly during the interview sessions to avoid any unnecessary "grief" over hiring a wrong fit!

Read more
VIP Member

I was hanging out at botanical gardens with baby and hubby and a bunch of helpers spotted us and approached us to play with baby. While they were playing with her, a couple of them asked me if I was hiring a FDW - I said maybe I might be on the lookout, and asked them why they want to leave Their current employer. They said they want to work for someone with just 1 child, as 2 kids and cleaning up home and cooking for the family is just too stressful for them.

Read more

I think they are "choosy" because they are worried about not being to manage and cope well if there are too many children and household duties. If they don't do well at their job, they risk being replaced or sent back so their livelihoods could be in jeopardy. Talk to the agency you're engaging and let them know your household and family needs -- usually they will try to match the family with a helper that is much more experienced if it's a bigger family.

Read more

Then, my agent and I spoke to >10 candidates and only 2 agreed to the jobscope (cos I have 3 , 2 are twins). All transfer maids rejected us. It's rather tedious process but I rather have jobscope upfront so we are all on same understanding. My helper today is the awesomest!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4409)

yes, in fact, the last round when i was employing one, during the interview session, it ended up like she interview me instead of I interview her

It will be good if they refused upfront . U just got to wait longer to get a more suitable helper .