Constipated!

What should I do when my baby is constipated?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Stock up a few bottles of prune puree from Gerber at home every month let your child take it for a few consecutive days it will help during the constipation alternatively you may want to try to let your child take prune juice those with pulps though not all children likes the taste. My 23 months old toddler still prefer the puree compare to the juice. Let your child drink plenty of water.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

If u feeding ur baby with formula milk, u will need to dilute it with more water. In addition, u can feed him with some mashed banana and around 20-30ml of boiled water every day. It helps.:)

if the baby is below 6 mths old. please seek consultation from a pediatrician. if is above 12 mths old, try feeding some fruits and veggies to increase the fiber intake

VIP Member

Depends how old is baby, if below 6 months recommend to bring to the doc. Above 6 months will offer more banana purée. After 1 year old i just increase water intake

Try giving prunes and papaya. Give lots of water too. But if it gets worse, pls see a paediatrician.

prune juice, probiotic powder (to mix in their drinks or milk) and papaya.

VIP Member

How old is your baby? Sometimes the formula milk makes LO constipated.

Try giving payaya.. eat more fruits daily and drink more water

Try giving mashed banana and boiled water in between meals. :)

VIP Member

Try Prune juice or honey water.